Home confinement with children can, in some situations, be a bit difficult to deal with. For this reason, the CDIAP therapists have prepared a series of recommendations, habits and activities that can be done to make your stay at home better. You will also find links of interest that you can consult, as well as videos and images of the proposed activities.
· Establishing a routine-structure with a visual schedule will help us all.
· Structure the activities temporarily with a timer (cellphone, alarm, hourglass) and anticipate what the children will do next.
· We take the opportunity to do things calmly . Respect your beats.
· Leave the child free time , as he will regulate himself with his needs.
· Prepare a treasure box so that when you start to get more nervous, you can have your space to calm down.
· Divide the house into different spaces-corners (Game, table, movement, stories ...)
· Combine gaming activities with tablet / tv activities , with supervision and without feeling bad if we make the most of these days.
· Explain what coronavirus is about through stories .
· Take advantage of the confinement to work habits of autonomy .
· Find some moments for parents (silence, reading, cooking, watching TV, calling friends or family)
· Doing physical activities unloads the energy and regulates the child.
And we need to be calm if certain of the unwanted behaviors increase.
It is normal, but we respect and accompany them without getting angry; the situation is strange for all.
LINKS OF INTEREST:
PICTOGRAMS and other materials: on the portal "Aragonés de la Comunicación Aumentativa y Alternativa"
· PINTEREST portal with many different ideas
You tell to tell the children WHAT THE CORONAVIRUS IS :
· Participate in the activities of the house : stop and clean the table, wash the dishes, help spread the clothes, sweep, clean, cook ... Always to the extent possible.
· Respect your pace , now we are not in a hurry to go to school.
· Explain everything we do and take advantage of routines , this will strengthen the development of learning, language and speech.
· Gradually withdraw the aid .
· Dress : Be able to choose between two options. Choose your clothes.
· Undress : Put it in the dirty clothes, fold it.
· Tooth brushing : Set a timer.
Meals (breakfast-lunch-snack and dinner): Avoid tablets and spend time talking.
· Sleep : try to follow the usual schedules and rest the necessary hours.
· Make a family photo album (depending on the level, write who they are, their names, or just play to find where they are ...)
· Listen to children's music: The small boat, Damaris Gelabert, Cantajuegos, The penguins, Mainasons ...
APPS OF INTEREST
· Touch mouth
· Owl boo
· Match it up (My fisrt app)
Breathe, think, act.
INSTAGRAM PROFILES AND HASHTAGS OF INTEREST
MANIPULATIVE / SENSORIAL ACTIVITIES
· Cooking recipes :
Manipulate : Make salt paste, homemade plasticine, slime.
· Hide objects inside rice, flour, dry granules.
· Draw on surfaces with flour, shaving foam, sand, etc.
· Do activities with clothespins.
· Transfer objects between two containers.
MOTOR ACTIVITIES - PHYSICAL
· Hiding objects or toys around the house and playing in the "hot or cold"
· Worm races , face down, down the aisle.
· The set of chairs
Sink wall , twister.